- Five steps to better sleep…
- Sleep and health
- The best bedding choices
- Wonderful micro-siestas!
- Siestas to enhance workplace performance
- Pay off your sleep debt
- Your bed is your friend!
- Natural remedies for a good night's sleep
- The link between caffeine and insomnia
- 10 questions about sleep…
- Why can't I sleep well?
- Change your bedding
- 10 rules for charming your computer
- 5 steps to success at work
- Enneagram: The career-boosting personality test
- Why work-related stress is bad for you
- The rise of the granny au pair
- How to avoid visual fatigue
- Chronopsychology: Optimise your day
- Preventing venous insufficiency at work
- Safety and health at work
- Do you balance work and life?
- Are you a workaholic?
Give up smoking for good
You've thought about it long and hard, and now you've decided. You are going to give up smoking for good. Well done! Doctissimo is here to help you on your way to a cigarette-free existence - and we know you can do it.
Giving up smoking is not an easy affair, as you are bound to know already. Cigarettes are addictive and it can be difficult to get rid of this addiction if you aren’t really ready. While there’s no miracle remedy out there, a key to success will be finding the method that suits you best!
You’ve finally decided to stop spending so much money on cigarettes, harmful to your wallet and your health... But if you are considering just cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke, do be aware that the health benefits are far from clear-cut. The best strategy is to stop completely!
To better support smokers who are trying to give up, we need to understand what they are going through. Nicotine addiction is an important piece of the withdrawal puzzle.
Whatever your age, quitting smoking brings multiple advantages: whether you're in good health, or enduring one of the many ills of tobacco smoking.
Get more on this subject…