Seduction: How to make the first move
Approaching someone you like... This is often a difficult situation, and stage fright is unavoidable! Here are a few tips to make sure your first move won’t be the last!
Stage fright can perhaps stop you from going into acting, or starting a career as a singer... But it is more serious when your lack of self assurance makes you unlucky in love! Here is Doctissimo’s advice for being successful in approaching your soul mate in four key steps.
Dare to make the first move
You have taken the first step and broken the ice. Everything is now down to prolonging this moment... Try the following in order to get that first date:
- Anticipate! When you approach your future soul mate, make sure you already have an idea of a date to suggest. A film, concert or dinner... Find out a little about the other person’s tastes so you don’t misfire!
- Don’t rush everything! If you are too nervous to suggest a date, then don’t worry. Phone instead, (or send a Doctissimo e-card!) the next day or two days later, to suggest going out somewhere...
- Do not admit defeat! If he or she doesn’t like your first idea, suggest a second option. Show that you are serious and that you really will keep this date or see them again.
Even with the strongest, most sincere feelings, you can’t win them all! If he or she has made it clear that you two just wouldn’t gel together, it is pointless to insist or dwell on this attraction. Even failure will benefit you in a way: it takes you one step closer to conquering your nerves! Give yourself a bit of time then go on the search again for new possibilities!
- Catching the man of your dreams
- Perfect your summer flirting skills
- Finding your perfect match
- The body language of new romance
- Start a new relationship on the right foot
- Mixed couples: overcoming differences for love
- How to get over your fear of love
- Summer lovin'
- Love knows no bounds: Love stories around the world
Get more on this subject…